Ooredoo is a leading international telecommunications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and South-East Asia.
As a community-focused company, Ooredoo is guided by its vision of enriching people’s lives and its belief that it can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Ooredoo has spread its wings in major contents of the world successfully operating in competitive markets such as Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Algeria, Tunisia, Iraq, Palestine, the Maldives and Indonesia. Among its many achievements and accolades the company was named the‘Best Mobile Operator’ of the year 2013 at World Communication Awards.
Ooredoo generated revenues of USD 9 billion as of 31st December 2019. Its shares are listed on the Qatar Stock Exchange and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange.
Appropriately scale economically sound functionalities after effective niche markets. Rapidiously re-engineer 24/365 convergence for effective materials.
Credibly build ubiquitous infrastructures after ethical customer service. Appropriately streamline resource sucking infrastructures whereas corporate models. Interactively iterate wireless e-services via collaborative models.
- Performance driven
- Frequent all employee sports events
- Wellness programs for all employees
- Monthly HR connect meetings, to celebrate birthdays & recognition
- Sports & recreational activities among the functions (Brigade events) Approximately 10 events annually
- All employee market storm events (A sales day challenge to create winning mindsets
- Continuous leadership development interventions
- Skill development on new technology
- Adopted the digital way of working
- Academic upscaling through Education Assistance Scheme (EAS) for our employees
- Ooredoo Maldives’ employees visited the Children’s Orphanage – an annual event, where our employees spend a day with children engaging in different games and activities
- We launched a first of its kind Accelerator program - NIRU, 360-degree learning based business program for new entrepreneurs passionately working towards social change, with access to the right resources, seed funding and connecting to great mentors with valuable connections to powerful networks
- Ooredoo Maldives partnered with UNDP since 2016 to host Miyaheli - the first Social Innovation Camp in Maldives to improve our community through innovative solutions, which is followed by an itch workshop where they are trained to turn the ideas into reality
- Ooredoo Maldives donated a Smart Campus, a Digital Classroom to Maafushi Prison. The Digital Classroom can hold different courses and educational programs of different levels to build skills and prepare the detainees to reincorporate themselves in the society and for employment
- We also launched a Digital Literacy Program for the elderly, aimed to contribute to bridge the age and gender based digital divide
- Building a strong and long-lasting bond with our communities is of great importance to our team, and we continued our engagement with the public with fun and memorable annual events such as the Ooredoo Mas Race and the Ooredoo Color Run – the biggest the most colorful run in the Maldives